GLS are present in 41 countries, and offer national and international parcel delivery services by road. GLS is a popular choice for those looking to ship single packages under 40 kg at an affordable price.
Features of GLS’ services
- Printer is not required; the courier brings the pre-printed shipping label to the pick up
- Door-to-door delivery, or delivery to a GLS Parcel Shop
- Cash on Delivery is available for national deliveries
- Email notifications regarding the planned collection and delivery times
- Complete visibility with online tracking
- Domestic shipments delivered in 1 – 2 working days
- International shipments delivered in 3 – 5 working days
Considerations when shipping with GLS
- GLS can only deliver to physical addresses, they are not able to deliver to PO boxes
- Orders placed before 16:00 will be collected the following working day
- You can’t ship products containing alcohol with GLS
- Collections take place between 9 am and 5 pm on work days
- When shipping to another country, if no one is available to receive the parcel on the first delivery attempt, parcels may be delivered to a local parcel point or post office
Size and weight limits
- Maximum circumference: 300 cm [length + (2x height + 2x width) = max 300]
- Maximum weight per parcel: 40 kg
- Maximum length 200 cm
More on GLS
Based in Amsterdam, GLS is a subsidiary of Royal Mail which operates postal services in the United Kingdom. General Logistics Systems is the third largest parcel delivery provider in Europe and they’re operational in 42 European countries. Their main focus is road delivery across Europe, however they are able through their partner network to provide international deliveries to the rest of the world with the exception of Cuba and North Korea, and other countries that are politically unstable.
GLS have roughly 2000 line hauls linking its distribution hubs and they ship more than half a billion parcels per year. They are growing very quickly and have more than two hundred thousand customers, are committed to providing a high quality service to their customers. GLS is a great choice for a budget conscious shipper, that doesn’t want to compromise on quality.