DHL are global leaders in express logistics and parcel delivery and ship to more than 200 countries across the globe. Send time sensitive documents, parcels and pallets using their express air network, and less urgent items through their economy road network. Book a DHL service, and take advantage of one of the most reliable couriers on the market today.
Features of DHL’s services
- Complete door-to-door delivery service
- Express and Economy services available to suit your budget
- Online tracking
- Same day collection (depending on postcode)
- Assistance with customs clearance
- Import from around the world
- email delivery updates
Considerations when shipping with DHL:
- Printer required – You will need to print out the AWB (Air Waybill/parcel label) and attach to your package
- When shipping to or from non EU countries a pro-forma or commercial invoice will be required
- Deliveries to PO Boxes are not possible. Someone needs to be able to sign for parcels at the delivery address
- If you’re shipping food products to the USA, you may need to complete an FDA prior notice
- Same day collection depends on the collection postcode
- If shipping a product containing a battery, we will send you a battery compliance form to complete
Size and weight limits
- Maximum parcel dimensions: 120 x 80 x 80 cm
- Maximum weight per parcel: 70 kg
- Maximum pallet dimensions: 120 x 100 x 160 cm
- Maximum weight per pallet: 1000 kg
More on DHL
DHL Express is part of the Deutsche Post DHL and they provide international document, parcel and pallet delivery services. Parts of the DHL group are able to offer sea freight, express mail services and supply chain logistics solutions. The company was originally founded in 1969, and in the mid-1970s, DHL was the only company able to provide overnight international delivery services. Even though DHL were only the third largest national delivery company in the USA, FedEx didn’t catch up with DHL on the international delivery coverage until the beginning of 1981.
Deutsche Post started to acquire shares in DHL in 1998, and become the majority shareholder in the company by 2001. DHL is renowned for high quality, and industry leading consistency in delivery, making it a solid choice for important packages you need to ship around the world.